Sean O’Casey Bridge, Dublin

Sean O'Casey Bridge, Dublin
Get a high resolution version of this photograph
“Sean O’Casey Bridge is a pedestrian bridge spanning the River Liffey in Dublin, joining Sir John Rogerson’s Quay in the Grand Canal Docks area, to North Wall Quay and the IFSC.
The bridge was built in 2005, as part of a large-scale urban renewal scheme under the Dublin Docklands Development Authority to link the north and south quays and rejuvenate both. The swing bridge spans ~100 metres and has two balanced cantilever arms that swing open to allow boats pass up river.
The bridge was opened by An Taoiseach Bertie Ahern in July 2005, and is named for the playwright Sean O’Casey (1880-1964) who lived in the North Wall area of the city.”
Wikipedia: Sean O’Casey Bridge
Archiseek: Sean O’Casey Bridge
Get a high resolution version of this photograph

Chief Bottle Washer at Blather
Writer, photographer, environmental campaigner and "known troublemaker" Dave Walsh is the founder of, described both as "possibly the most arrogant and depraved website to be found either side of the majestic Shannon River", and "the nicest website circulating in Ireland". Half Irishman, half-bicycle. He lives in southern Irish city of Barcelona.