Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church, Templetown, Wexford

Knights Templar - Knights Hospitaller Church Templetown Wexford

Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church, Templetown, near Fethard-on-Sea, The Hook Peninsula, Wexford. The land here first was given to the monastic soldiers of the Knights Templar by Henry II, but when they were suppressed in 1307, the land was given to the Knights Hospitaller – who arrived with the Norman Strongbow, and later built this small place of worship.


<!–<!–
Knights Hospitaller Fortified Church, Templetown – Images by Dave Walsh

daev
Chief Bottle Washer at Blather

Writer, photographer, environmental campaigner and “known troublemaker” Dave Walsh is the founder of Blather.net, described both as “possibly the most arrogant and depraved website to be found either side of the majestic Shannon River”, and “the nicest website circulating in Ireland”. Half Irishman, half-bicycle. He lives in southern Irish city of Barcelona.