Man’s bad dress sense sets carpet on fire.


An Australian man built up a 40,000-volt charge of static electricity in his clothes as he walked, leaving a trail of scorched carpet and molten plastic and forcing firefighters to evacuate a building.

Frank Clewer, who was wearing a woolen shirt and a synthetic nylon jacket, was oblivious to the growing electrical current that was building up as his clothes rubbed together.
When he walked into a building in the country town of Warrnambool in the southern state of Victoria Thursday, the electrical charge ignited the carpet.
Read More…


1 comment

  1. Static electricity, a current, of 40,000 volts. Too many things wrong, brain hurting….Aaarrrgghh

Comments are closed.