Ye Gods. We would have thought that the rather gruesome video footage of Saddam Hussein’s execution – which has been plastered across every video-sharing website in the universe – would have put this nascent conspiracy theory to bed, but you can’t keep a good tin-foil hat down. From saddamisnotdead.com:
‘All the news networks of the world showing the antecedent moments to the hanging of Saddam Hussein. Journalists, Politicians, Everybody comment the death of Saddam Hussein.
But WHO HAS SEEN ENTIRELY THE HANGING OF SADDAM HUSSEIN?
WebSites like YouTUBE, Google Video should have on their homepages the video of this execution. But WHY is it completely impossible to find any scene bout this event?’
Riccardo S. Garelli
At first I thought this was an elaborate and well executed (ba-dum-tish) piss-take but apparently not. The site is the work of an Italian blogger named Riccardo S. Garelli who, having asserted that none of us have actually seen Hussein’s real execution, then proceeds to explain his theories on what’s really going on:
‘So whatâ€™s happening?
At this point we have to point out the actual world situation:
– Saddam was on bad terms with Iran and wished to invade it.
– the Iran has a serious intention to lead an energetic policy, based on the creation of Nuclear Power Plants. The equipment necessary to develop Nuclear Plants and enrich the Radioactive materials itâ€™s the same of the equipments needed to create nuclear bombs.
– the United States and in general the Western Countries, have asked the Iran to interrupt the nuclear energetic policy.
– the Iran has cordially rejected the invites of the Western Countries and the UN, considering the document produced from the countries members â€œjust a piece of paperâ€.
-China, and Korea have also intention of developing nuclear missles
– Japan (Allied with US) made pressure on the United States, SUCCEEDING, in order to let them restructure themselves army.’
And now, if you’ll excuse us, we need to go lie down in a darkened room because our head hurts.
Saddam Hussein Is Not Dead