Here and now, I am going to nail my colours to the mast. There is only one man who I want to be President of Ireland: Senator David Norris…
|David Norris for President – Click for T-Shirt! (all profits go to charity)|
So. The Presidential elections (in Ireland) are oozing their way towards us. And how shall we choose this time? Shall we choose to elect the incumbent merely because she has ‘Mary’ as a first name and because the lowlifes at Abject Fianna Failure have told us to, or are the opposition going to give us something else to have a gander at?
Well, here and now, I am going to nail my colours to the mast. There is only one man who I want to be President of Ireland: Senator David Norris. ‘Is he qualified?’ I hear you ask. Well take a quick look at the stats:
- Council of Europe Travelling Scholarship;
- Walter Wormser Harris Prize;
- First Foundation Scholarship in English Literature and Language;
- Gold Medal University Philosophical Society;
- Silver Medal, University Philosophical Society;
- 1st Class Moderatorship TCD;
- Nominated for European Human Rights Prize.
There’s plenty more where that came from too. Have a quick glance at his website and see for yourselves.
If you would also like to see Senator Norris run for the Aras, then for God’s sake let the man know! Mail him at the following address:
Find out more about Senator Norris at his website »
The Blog Snorkeller / Something about Mary » – Mary O’Rourke claims that Norris is ‘dotty’…